Friday, August 5, 2011

Conan who ?

Kelpie film maker let’s loose a little of the emotion from his Norse family bloodline and asks...

A Viking riddle:

I am man's treasure, taken from the woods,
Cliff-sides, hill-slopes, valleys, downs;
By day wings bear me in the buzzing air,
Slip me under a sheltering roof-sweet craft.
Soon a man bears me to a tub. Bathed,
I am binder and scourge of men, bring down
The young, ravage the old, sap strength.
Soon he discovers who wrestles with me
My fierce body-rush - I roll fools
Flush on the ground. Robbed of strength,
Reckless of speech, a man knows no power
Over hands, feet, mind. Who am I who bind
Men on middle-earth, blinding with rage?
Fools know my dark power by daylight.


‘Broadening horizons and seeing the world differently is - or ought to be - in the remit of film.’
The 2010 Guardian Film Power 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment